Clubs across Australia are working hard to reduce problem gambling. Your local club provides assistance for problem gamblers in many ways, including:
- Access to 24/7 counselling
- A ban on betting with credit cards
- Staff trained in responsible gambling
- Building a better self-exclusion program.
So if you have a problem, or know someone who does, please speak to a club manager or call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 today. For more information visit the website.
Are you a Problem Gambler ?
Some indicators of a problem gambler are:
- Gambling more than you can afford to lose
- Borrowing money from friends, family, banks and loan sharks to gamble
- Selling family or personal assets to gamble
- Losing time from work or study to gamble
- Arguing with family over your gambling habits
- Feeling guilty about the amount of money gambled
- Chasing losses to win back money
Think! About your choices
Call Gambling Help: 1800 858 858